Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Slow speed internet

Any of you guys having issue with slow speed ADSL that Optus provided? I test my speed and it came out 0.02 MBps for 9MB data. And they charge me $80 per month for this kind of internet service. What a rip off. I called to complain and they put me on hold for more than 1 hour. Any one n owe direct line for complain please let me know. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Slow speed internet

We can only blame Abbott and Turnbull for undoig all the good work Julia Gillard was doing to try and have the microfibre direct to our modem but then along camr Abbott the destroyer to give us inferior NBN.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Blog Author

Hey @HannahL, we've replied back to your comment on this thread → https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Broadband-Telephony/Next-step-in-complaint/m-p/340418#M46568. Feel free to chat with us there.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi DanC, I appreciate your time. But this is happened second time of a year, and I've been with Optus for 6 years, every year has to be like this. And what makes me angry is that Optus charges me $80 a month for this dial up speed AdSL2. I found that Optus is such a greedy bastard, charge customer for every day late bill but they didn't make up a cent for everyday without internet service. Also I forgot to mention, one of your mobile staff unlocked subscriptions and charged me extra in phone bills for all who know marketers third parties of yours without my consent. I have enough tolerate with Optus. I can't wait for 2 months to end contract with Optus and move on. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Blog Author

@HannahL,

I'm really sorry to hear of all that. Just so we're on top of this one, your speeds have always been consistently slow? This isn't something that has recently changed on your end? As I mentioned in the other thread, speed is mainly determined by the length of copper running between your address and the exchange. I'd obviously need more details to confirm what sort of speeds we'd expect you to receive (based on network capacity and copper length). If the issue isn't a capacity or line issue, then I'm afraid that your experience with ADSL won't really differ between providers. Feel free to PM across your details. We need your full name, DOB and account number.

Regarding your second point, a staff member wouldn't have enabled subscriptions. By default, your premium content spend limit is set to $0.00. Now if you've received charges for a subscription that you had unknowingly subscribed to then we can dispute the charge for you. I'm also happy to get that actioned for you.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos