cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor omarshubeilat
Occasional Contributor

Slow speed in Lower North Shore - Anyone sued Optus?

Hi Everyone,

My internet speed is averaging 0.7 Mbps and needless to say the support and chat teams are just a waste of time. 

I'm seriously thinking of suing Optus, any advice or tips?

Omar

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Crowd Champion MiCCAS
Crowd Champion

Re: Slow speed in Lower North Shore - Anyone sued Optus?

Hey there,

Sorry to hear about the issues you're having!

Have you tried the troubleshooting index? If so, and you're still having issues, then I'd recommend getting in touch with Optus via phone (133 937) or live chat (http://yesopt.us/chat2us)

Let us know how you go.

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button 🙂
Occasional Contributor lilou2093
Occasional Contributor

Double check that your modem/router is securely connected to the socket that your broadband is transmitted through and that the thick cable running into your modem/router (the coaxial cable) is tightly connected to it. (It should be 'finger tight')

Having a loose coaxial cable can cause signal leakage, resulting in a slow or limited connection.

- If the cable was loose, tighten the connections and restart your modem. Then recheck your internet speed.
- If the cable is connected correctly, click 'Next' to continue

REBOOT EVERYTHING
1. RESTART YOUR MODEM/ROUTER
Please switch off or disconnect your modem/router from the power supply for 30 seconds. Then reconnect it or switch it back on. Wait for your modem/router to re-establish a stable connection and check again. (this can sometimes take about 2-3 minutes)

2. REBOOT YOUR COMPUTER/DEVICE
Please completely switch off your computer and wait 30 seconds, then switch it back on. Once your computer has restarted, retest your browsing speed.

Has rebooting rectified the issue?

Notepad++ Malwarebytes FileZilla

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

I tried the troubleshooting index but it didn't work. I'm trying to call Optus but they don't have 24h technical support (how convenient).

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

I tried all of that but it did not work.

0 Kudos
Crowd Champion MiCCAS
Crowd Champion

Hey there,

Support is definitely available 24/7! If it's easier, feel free to jump on live chat at http://yesopt.us/chat2us

Please keep us posted - we're here to help!

Michael

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button 🙂
RetiredModerator AlexRH
RetiredModerator

Hey there @omarshubeilat, sorry to hear that you've had some trouble with your Internet speed lately 😞

As @MiCCAS touched on, our Faults team are available 24x7, you can give us a call on 13 13 44 if you're unable to get through via Live Chat.

If you still need assistance after chatting with them, let us know and we can follow up for you.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Occasional Contributor neyla12
Occasional Contributor

How to check that the modem/router is securely connected to the socket ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator AlexRH
RetiredModerator

Hi @neyla12, depending on what type of connection you have, you can just pull on the cord (very lightly) to see if it falls out of the socket.

If it's a Cable service you can tighten the coaxial cable by turning it till you get resistance and you'll know it's plugged in there tight enough 🙂 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Occasional Contributor

Thanks! I finally got hold of Optus support and they were very helpful (I'm shocked to be honest). Apparently, the phone line had no ringtone so they did a reset from their end and now I'm back to 7-8 Mbps speed!

Couldn't be happier!

Thanks everyone