cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Slow internet

Is optus in doncaster east generally slow?

Which provider is better in that area.

When making calls using skype whatsapp or wechat, the line will drop and you have to hang up and call again.

I stream youtube on the TV and it will drop to 240 whenever the optus internet speed drops. Youtube will sometime freeze. When i switch over to my ipad it was the same slow internet.

I called to complain and optus said my 4mbps is good for my area even though they advertised the speed as 20mbps.

I just came back from singapore and realised how pathetic the internet speed is here.

Is my situation the norm or should i switch. I have no confidence even if i switch to optus nbn. 

Now every time my internet hand i reboot the modem.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Slow internet

Apologies for your internet connection issue, @Juzunme. There could be many reason affecting the speed. When you spoke with Tech Support did they advise the reason for your speed. Check out this link for more information. Kartik

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Sorry. All i read in the solution is a disclaimer. I understand that i internet speed is generally slow compared to the world. 

However i do not expect my internet to drop out every now and then on a single day and that i have to keep rebooting my modem as per your online instruction. 

The support staff had indicated there is no line drop out on his test. It is not good the internet is fine up till the road. It need to be ok right up into my house. Its no good having good internet sitting outside my house

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi @Juzunme,

It's hard to make a determination based on a particular suburb. There are simply too many factors involved. We'd first need to do which network you're connected to i.e. Cable, NBN, ADSL or Mobile broadband. If you have an ADSL service then speeds are mainly impacted by the length of copper running form the exchange to your premises. The length of copper will determine your maximum attainable speed. There's also Network capacity which can be an issue for all fixed broadband products. The number of available ports in the exchange could be an issue, the number of customers we have connected to a specific cable node could be a problem and last of all there's the matter of how much capacity we've purchased from NBNco in the form of CVC's (connectivity virtual circuit).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos