cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Slow internet speeds with 4G -VividWirelss

Hello All,

I was a VividWirelss customer using their 4G broadband connection and then got transfered to Optus.

As of early this week, I noticed that the speeds are getting slower and slower and as of now the speeds are at 0.20 Mbps for downloads.

I spoke to Optus support and they told me that they have received similar calls from customers who were transferred from VividWirelss and they were told to ask the customer to cancel the service and get a new service from Optus directly. 

I was really perplexed by this answer but could not get any more info out of the support technician.

He logged a fault with Optus anyway but I want to check and see if anyone else received similar feedback from Optus support and to check if this is true or a  sales tactic to get more sales.

Regards,

Dhanushka

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Slow internet speeds with 4G -VividWirelss

Hi Dhanushka,

Haven't heard about this issue for a while but there are more customer examples on this main thread.

Each customer would be a case by case basis. What is the fault ticket number?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi Ray_YC,

Thanks for your reply and I have gone through the link provided and was shocked to hear those horror stories of other users who were migrated from VividWirelss.

Unfortunately, my story is the same. Yesterday I went to the Optus store in Westfield Tea tree plaza and they told me that Optus is doing changes to their Towers(Yes their towers) and the modem is not compatible with the towers. I was laughing inside after hearing this as I am an IT pro with over 15 years of experience.

They were willing to sell me a new plan with a contract for 36 months (not month to month) and a new 4G modem which can reach speeds up to  1 TB (yes 1 TB not even 1 Gbps, which again not even possible with 5G,  in practice).

All of this made me sick of using Optus because there should not be this much of lies be told to any customer, just to get their sales up.

I am currently looking for alternate solutions and will be canceling this service soon.

Once again thanks for your reply and efforts.

Cheers,

Dhanushka

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Thanks for taking the time to let us know this, that is quite disappointing. I have forwarded this to Tea Trea Plaza's area manager to bring to their attention.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos