Searching...
Highlighted

Slow internet - just about had enough

thanqu

Holy moly.

If you were considering Optus cable. Don't. If you do, it will be a life full of regrets.

I have been with Optus for over 15 years and the service and speed have finally degraded to a point where I am now forced to move to Telstra.

I don't understand why my net is so slow and nobody can explain it to me. I refuse to pay for a service that I am not receiving.

Confirmed with neighbours they have been experiencing the same issues.

Re: Slow internet - just about had enough

Yeldarb

If it's a congestion related issue there is a good chance they are not going to do anything about it. Have support mentioned anything to you about congestion?

zeet

Hi,

I was on the phone for most of the day yesterday trying to get some help with the speed of my service. Apparently it could take over 1 month to fix in the meantime I have to put up with my internet, fetch tv and phone dropping out all the time.

I asked for a discount for the lack of continued service and got told that they only discount if the service is competley down and I have to put up with it and pay full price for an inadequate service.

I have almost seen out my contract with tem and will leave as soon as it is finished. They like other large telcos don't give a damn about their old customers only the new ones signing up.

Yeldarb

That is just plain wrong in my mind. If they except there is an issue with the network that is causing poor speeds then they should be compensating customers until such time as they fix the mess. I really do think the TIO is a waste of time on these matters and its about time the ACCC got involved.

Mij

fast speedtest.JPG

speedtest20170408.JPG

Picture says it all.

FYI ACMA is also a place to check out as they will fine Telcos especially if it looks systemic. 

Bet Netflix will love getting these stats as no point in paying a for a subscription if you can't watch the service due to ISP issues

PhilC

Hi @thanqu, @zeet and @Mij,

It's really concerning to hear about the poor speeds you've been experiencing, if you could please PM the internet usernames we're happy to take a closer look into your connections/services and offer some suggestions in regards to moving forward with the account.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Mij

PM sent

[ Edited ]
Mij

Just to fair.

After a number of restarts, removing filter and changing CPE again have manage to get a stable connection at 7.6mbps according to Fast.com speed check. Will be interesting to see if it lasts.

Mij

Mij

speedtest20170409.JPG

as a comparison

thanqu

PM Sent

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
83 Kudos
73 Kudos