cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Slow internet download speed and drop outs

started new home broadband optus 4g plus Huawel B818 wifi modem one week ago, since then experiencing unstable download speed and frequent drop outs while viewing Insta Live and Zoom. I tried to move around inside of the  house but could not improve. Modem signal shows strong though.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Slow internet download speed and drop outs

@ZENOFONEMAX_M1

We've been advised by Networks that the issue is more pronounced when using the modem in a poor coverage zone. Essentially. the modem will try and latch onto the 3G Network f it detects poor performance on the 4G Network. The problem is that the service doesn't support 3G connectivity. 

As a work around, they've advised to lock the modem to 4G only. You'll need to login to the modem configuration page, enter the IP address on the back of the modem into your web browser and login using the login details printed on the same sticker. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Slow internet download speed and drop outs

I checked Modem but only support 5G and 4G not 3G.

I used to set both 5G and 4G automatic selection at first.

Now I changed 4G only according your advice, see what happens.

Our location is unable to receive 5G yet anyway.

0 Kudos