cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Occasional Contributor yewhoongng
Occasional Contributor

Slow browsing high latency Optus Cable

Hi, i've been having terrible browsing speed including occasional non responses from websites for the past week or so, especially from 8pm to 11pm. I understand it is peak, but speed going below 1Mbps and servers not contactable is really not acceptable (i'm on Optus Cable 30Mbps). That is even slowed than my previous ADSL connection.

I looked at the Optus network status and found this message when i typed in my address, which may explain my issues. But when can we expect this to be resolved? Can we expect some some of credit for below par service level?

Slow browsing and high latency pings - National incident.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
RetiredModerator Tano
RetiredModerator

Re: Slow browsing high latency Optus Cable

Hi @yewhoongng, have you reached out to Tech Support about this? They'll be able to confirm the nature of any faults listed in the Service Status. If you send through your full name, account number and DOB in a private message, I can also take a look for you.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Deejus
Occasional Contributor

Hi, I have also been experiencing extremely high latency, higher than 1000ms! - I have optus HFC - i'm yet to migrate to NBN - just wanted to add to the conversation:

optusping.JPG

This has been occurring intermittently for the duration of my internet service (perhaps once a week) and now happens every night - Optus have stated they are working on upgrading to NBN in the area and that is the cause - the works are happening over a 2 week period. Rgds, David.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

It's also interesting that the performance issues seem to stop exactly when the India work hours cease - strange perhaps the engineers over there are practicing their CCIE's on the Optus network (or maybe just their CCNA's based on recent performance)?

0 Kudos
Moderator GuyCS

Hey @Deejus - not great to hear if you're experiencing high latency on your service. Can you please shoot me a private message with your service address? We'll double check for any reported outages or network maintenance in your area. 

If you'd like, we can also see when NBN will be made available for that address. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Just when I thought the browsing would get better this month - Optus have extended the outage window by another month!

Scheduled Between
09/10/2018 07:30 AM and 23/10/2018 03:30 PM

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I seem to experience extremely poor performance very evening - pings are higher than 1000ms - this has been occuring intermitently for ever since I can remember but now happens every night.

There is a report of maintenance but this has been there for the last month.

Thanks,

David

0 Kudos
Top Contributors