Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Peter1812
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Slow broadband speed and difficulty talking to Optus

Hi Optus,

You said in your email to me on 14 Dec 2017 ... "I can raise a referral with a case management team and have them perform a Network investigation". I haven't heard back from you regarding your advice you would raise a referral with a case management team and have them perform a network investigation for my slow internet problem. Would you please let me know where the referral is up to and when I can expect a response?

You also said..."We do have a TIO mandated speed guide line that gives us benchmark of minimum attainable speeds based on distance from the exchange. I've had a quick look and it doesn't give us an indication past the 2.5KM mark. At 2.5KM you'd expect speeds in the range of 6Mbps - 6.2Mbps. I guess the issue now is whether we're able to adequately service you considering the length of copper running between the exchange and your premises." Thanks for the information about the TIO mandated speed guide. Can you tell me how far my premises is from the nearest exchange? Also my internet speed has seriously degraded throughout 2017 to the point where it is unusable for normal use such as watching netflix and youtube - is there a requirement set by the TIO that my internet service (for which I'm charged $100 per month) should meet minimum speed standards? Can you inform me of these speed standards?

I have been in discussion with Optus on my slow internet problem for nearly a month (since Dec 5, 2017) and although the responses from Optus have been polite and constructive I have no resolution to my problems and no options pursued to reach a solution. I would appreciate some resolution to my problem of slow speed for the internet service for which I am paying.

Thanks and I look forward to a swift response.

0 Kudos
Toomey
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: Slow broadband speed and difficulty talking to Optus

Sorry no one has gotten back to you on this Peter. I've just sent through a PM with more information

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors