Searching...

Re: Slow broadband speed and difficulty talking to Optus

Dan_C

@morningside,

We're happy to cover off some diagnostics as I've done for @Peter1812.

I'd need you to shoot through your account details. We're after your full name, DOB and account number. Look forward to hearing back.

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Peter1812

Hi Dan_C,

1. How do I access the comments on the tests you have run and what are the results

2. What are the options you mention are available to discuss?

thanks

pete

Dan_C

@Peter1812,

I responded directly to the private message you'd sent us. Has that one not come through to your inbox? We use a separate service platform to respond to posts via YC and other Social media channels. I might need to go in and manually check that it's gone through. I won't be too long. 

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Peter1812

Hi Dan_C

Sorry but I don’t have a link to the private message. 

Thanks

Pete

Dan_C

Hmm, it's showing as sent on my end. Are you able to double check your inbox for us? 

morningside

Thankyou - will PM the details

Peter1812

Hi Dan_C

to answer your questions

1. I have always been an Optus customer since moving to this house a numbers of yeas ago 

2. I have not previously been with another ISP

as for 2.5mbps that may well be what is attainable on the service however I am only getting less than 1mbps and sometime down to less than a quarter of 1mbps in peak times. 

I’m paying $100 per month for an service that is barely operational and not sufficient to display Netflix without constantly buffering, as well as an inability to run YouTube videos. 

A competitor ISP has approached me to move to them however I’m reluctant to move as I have been an Optus customer for a longtime and value a long term relationship.

You mention that 2.5mbps is the maximum that I can receive on my service. Can you tell me what is the minimum bandwidth that optus will provide me on my service? Is it less than 2.5mbps?

What other options are open to me?

Thanks

pete

Dan_C

@Peter1812

We do have a TIO mandated speed guide line that gives us benchmark of minimum attainable speeds based on distance from the exchange. I've had a quick look and it doesn't give us an indication past the 2.5KM mark. At 2.5KM you'd expect speeds in the range of 6Mbps - 6.2Mbps. I guess the issue now is whether we're able to adequately service you considering the length of copper running between the exchange and your premises. 

What sort of speeds were you receiving when you'd initially joined us? As far as your options are concerned, I can recommend the following:

I can raise a referral with a case management team and have them perform a Network investigation. We should be able to determine whether there's an issue at a Network level. If they're unable to identify the issue, the next step is to determine whether it's an issue with your internal wiring or equipment. In that case, we could then offer you a new WiFi modem. It's also worthwhile having a read through this blog → https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Blog/Network-Boundary-Point-and-call-out-fee-information/ba-p/27406...

"The Network Boundary Point (NBP) is the end-point of our network, and where our legal responsibility ends. Anything beyond the Network Boundary Point is the responsibility of the building owner or the customer." 

Dan_C

@morningside, we've received that one. We'll respond back shortly Smiley Happy 

Highlighted

morningside

Thanks Dan, could you give me a more specific timeframe than ‘shortly’ please? We’ve been without useable internet for 2+ weeks. Does shortly mean 24hrs? 48hrs? 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
74 Kudos
53 Kudos
50 Kudos
31 Kudos
20 Kudos