Searching...
Accepted Solution

Slow WiFi with Huawei B525 modem

[ Edited ]
Badgerden

I have recently received a HUAWEI b525 modem upon signing up to a new plan, about a month in now and our internet is unusably slow! No network outages according to the Optus page.

Current speed test:

download 0.03mbps upload 0.2mbps ping 18ms

I’ve moved the modem to the second story, no change.

Tried changing the wifi channels, no change.

Restarted modem, slight boost - speed test before this was 0.016 download mbps

We definitely haven’t gone over our data limit, I’m posting using my phone's data as I can’t even load the Optus site. 

I’m not sure what else to try, any advice would be greatly appreciated.
From looking at the WiFi networks around me it looks like I’m the only Optus user in the vicinity.

Solution

Re: Slow WiFi with Huawei B525 modem

Ray_YC

We’ve optimised your post to help users understand what the topic is about and your question to be answered more clearly by the Yes Crowd community.

It sounds like it was working fine in the initial early days and weeks after you received your modem on the new plan but for some reason it is now slow? Kudos to you for checking out the network outages page!

Please check out our troubleshooting page for slow browsing. After following the steps if the issue isn't resolved you'll be prompted to contact our Technical Support team so they can investigate further.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Re: Slow WiFi with Huawei B525 modem

Eric008

Hi, 

Did you setup the APN for the network? You need follow the quick-setup in the Huawei B525 modem web interface to setup the APN for Optus and then I believe the speeds would change. 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
68 Kudos
48 Kudos
37 Kudos
31 Kudos
16 Kudos