cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Slow WIFI Sagem modem

@Luluet, have we established whether or not there's a non-modem related issue that's causing speed issues? Had we organised our standard Sagemcom F@st 3864 modem or the upgraded A.C version?

--------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Luluet
New Contributor

Hi Dan, 

we definitely don’t have the upgraded version. I spoke with an NBN sales team person about poor speeds back in September. I was promised a new modem, but it never arrived. I’ve been told that there is a long wait list and delay. Meanwhile i’m paying $100 per month for our plan, plus speed pack, which is of a considerable poorer quality than our original net gear modem from 2013 which worked very well

0 Kudos
New Contributor Luluet
New Contributor

I was speed tested back in November and told I had good speed. Currently it takes several clicks to load the Sydney Morning Herald on our phones and iPads. I wouldn’t consider this to be acceptable speed

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator AlexRH
RetiredModerator

Hmm, okay, thanks for the extra info @Luluet!

We can absolutely organise this for you if you'd like an upgrade 🙂 Please get in touch with our Customer Care team here so we can get it sorted. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor GGwen
New Contributor

I have 4 year old Optus Sagem Modem Gateway F@ST 3864OP NBN IMS. Our NBN is Fibre to the Basement (of a multi storey apartment block). Modem is in study and testing on laptop just now with Fast.com speed is 32 Mbps. That's okay for my office / author / research work.

But the modem signal is very weak. At other end of apartment on iPad, speed test just now is 2.5Mpbs. I already have a DLink Extender plugged into a hallway power point and most days it only gets two bar signal from Modem.   Very soon we will get our first Smart TV and it doesn't seem signal will be enough?? 

Also getting many, many dropouts and frequently of a morning having to reboot the modem completely. How do we long-term Optus customers get new, faster modem from them?

0 Kudos