Searching...

Re: Slow Speeds - Canley Vale & Fairfield

Dan_DS

All the information I have right now is showing that the upgrade will go ahead this month @pendaws. You're connected to the Fairfield3 CMTS, which is one of our higher priority upgrades. I can't give you an exact date but the schedule I have shows it will be completed this month. Sorry for the delays!

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

Highlighted

V2K
@Dan_DS Hi Dan, I've called your support team. Looks like their out of ETA's to provide me as the last one 5/6 August didnt happen. Could you please provide an update? Optus Support Reference# 15142892901 I am not happy with this matter and have lodged a complain with the TIO. Nothing against you but I'm beyond annoyed with this matter. Regards V2K

pendaws

Here we go, this was taken less than 5 mins ago from Ookla.

Another thing that gets me is, that I have NOT been able to view ANY content that is supposedly provided with the fetch thing, totally useless. I have, like the previous poster, lodged a complaint with the T.I.O. and will see what they can do to make Optus responsible for the horrid service I have been receiving since April of this year. I am amazed that Optus is still touting this offer of a "broadband" service with fetch that a lot of people will NOT be able to use, shame, shame, shame Optus. 17 years a customer and the "service" has gone to the dogs.

Curmudgeon

Nghi

Hi V2K, you are actually connected to the same CMTS as @pendaws (Fairfield3) and as Dan_DS mentioned, the latest information is that upgrades are on schedule to be completed this month. Really sorry we can't provide any further information Smiley Sad

pendaws

Rubbish Speed

Here is the speed taken 3 minutes ago, nothing has changed so, when is the change coming? I am sure that you people WILL be hearing about this from the TIO soon.

Curmudgeon

Dan_DS

Sorry if you missed Nghi's comment @pendaws, the upgrade will be completed this month. We don't have any more specific information than that. We're working to get the upgrades completed as quickly as possible, and we've had some upgrades completed just yesterday in VIC. Not too much longer to go, thanks for your patience

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

rayoss232

same problem and these dickheads keep bullshitting, was told i would be credited 2 months....didn't happen....i'm all for a class action....bring it on...

TRY UPGRADING YOUR HARDWARE OPTUS......

rayoss232

So Dan when will the upgrades be going ahead in the sutherland area ? Exchange may be Miranda, not sure...

Dan_DS

Hi @rayoss232, I've checked with the details you posted in the past and you are connected to our Miranda 3 CMTS, which is still on track to be upgraded by the end of September. We've almost finished our upgrades at Blacktown and Fairfield, and Miranda is next in the schedule. Once we've finished the current upgrades we'll have a more specific idea of timeframe in September, but until then that's the latest info I have for you

[ Edited ]
anonto

On the Network Status page there has been 2 or 3 "investigations" and still no fix. Can we have an update on the status of Fairfield's upgrades?

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
82 Kudos
80 Kudos
68 Kudos
35 Kudos
34 Kudos