Searching...
Highlighted

Slow OPTUS cable

farid241

Hi All,

Is anyone experiencing slow OPTUS cable in the Hurstville NSW area.

I have tried calling OPTUS on 133937 and have waited for 40 mins with no luck.

Re: Slow OPTUS cable

Kartika

Sorry to hear about your internet slow speeds, @farid241. How is the connection now? With regards to speed it depends on various factors. I would suggest to try some basic troubleshooting first and see how you go. Also do some speed test here at different date and time, take a screen shot of the results as reference and if the issue persist then raise it with Tech Support on 131344 (open 24x7) to investigate further. Kartik

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

farid241

Sharing a result for a test right now

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/6854572290

It's looks like I am in 5th world country - they have better Internet.

Kartika

Definitely slow, @farid241. Please raise it with Tech Support to investigate further. Kartik

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

bakalien

@farid241, did support fix your issue?

I'm in Lugarno NSW (near Hurstville), having similiar issue last 2 weeks as well.

Had a tech attended site this morning and he said there were some water leaking to the cable outside the street.

Was getting 30mbps before he fixed it to 50mbps. 

Now it's night time, down to 3mbps again, can't hardly load this forum as well.

Somehow being a loyal (15+ years) customer and on the top plan don't get the right treatment.

My speedtest just now, slightly better than yours.

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/6916684902

AlexRH

Hi @bakalien, sounds quite frustrating Smiley Sad Are you able to confirm whether the speed is impacted only of an evening and returning to normal? Have you been in touch with our Faults team about this?

If not, please get in touch with us via Live Chat here so we can take a closer look at what's going on.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
69 Kudos
49 Kudos
38 Kudos
31 Kudos
16 Kudos