Searching...

Slow Internet/Dropouts

asheee27

Hi everyone,

I am just wondering if I can get some assistance. I have phoned tech support, they were not much help, I then spoke to someone who phoned me after I responded to a customer feedback survey. She said she would phone me back but I haven't heard anything since. 

Ever since we signed up in Sept' 13, we have experienced very slow speeds and dropouts, maybe once or twice a day, which is annoying especially when we are streaming/gaming. 

It is starting to get very frustrating, the slow internet combined with the lacking customer service is starting to take its toll. 

Latest speed test results: http://speedtest.ookla.com/result/2503417215.png

Thanks,

Ashleigh

Re: Slow Internet/Dropouts

Julz

Hey Ashee,

Can you advise what the outcome of your chat with faults? Drops can be caused by:

-Copper lines from the exchange to your property

-Internal wiring at your property

-Equipment - modem, cables, other equipment connected to the network

Generally either a fault ticket is raised or you're asked to complete further testing on your end. Did they indicate the fault was with any of the above? 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

asheee27

Hi Julz,

Thanks for your reply. 

The tech support person we spoke to changed our wi-fi channel and said that should fix the problem, but it didn't! Apart from that, we didn't get advised to do further testing, and we didn't get a fault ticket. 

Pete

Hmm, do you experience drop outs when you're connected to the internet using an Ethernet cable? If you have a home phone, do you experience static on the line or drop outs?

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

anntan2you

I have similar issue to you; start in Nov/Dec-2014 where my internet become slow & constantly dropouts.

I used to have phone/internet bundle for 3-4 years but switch to Naked since Oct-2014.

No problem for 1-2 months since we moved to Naked, & then Nov/Dec-2014 my nightmare starts.

No change in our hardware & no change in our usage too; mainly browsing & watching movie online.

Initially, I though it is my 2 year old modem playing up & bought a new one.

Before I installed my new modem, I upgraded my old modem firmware & the speed seem to improve.

But then we still experience dropouts.

Last week, I switched to the new modem & it has been doing random dropouts this week.

O..by the way, I even switched to my very first old modem (Netgear modem supplied by Optus) & it did not resolve my issue.

I am sure it is not my modem issue. Something is definitely wrong with the Optus internet.

HELP......HELP.......

Highlighted

Ryan

Hey anntan2you - what speeds are you seeing here when physically connected to the modem via an Ethernet cable? Have you also tried connecting the modem to the phone socket via an alternative cable? Be sure the cable length is no longer than 1.5 Metre's too. If the dropouts still occur then try connecting the modem to a 2nd phone socket for testing if possible. Keep us updated on how you get on with these steps.

anntan2you

We did nothing & the issue seem to resolve itself ie. no more dropouts.

Optus did something on their end...??

FYI - at the time we had the problem I even tried connect using Ethernet cable & had the same issue.

Hollie

It could have been some kind of fault in the Network causing this which has since been resolved. Without specific details I can't confirm but that's what it sounds like. Glad to hear it's up and running again for you now. Keep us posted how you go with this.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
80 Kudos
77 Kudos
71 Kudos
40 Kudos
30 Kudos