Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Slow Internet - Can I request Optus to do anything?

Hi... from time to time I have such slow internet that it's impossible to even load a page (great connection of 4G @ 4 bars). I can only think that the tower internet bandwidth is overloaded. Of course who wants to pay for a service that can't be used. My question is, who do you complain to about this AND will they/can they do anything about it?

If in fact it is overloaded there is another NEW Telstra tower closer which would be great to have Optus on it also. This would help alleviate the load. Again, WHO would I talk to to ask if there are plans to put a disc on the new Telstra tower?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Slow Internet - Can I request Optus to do anything?

>>would I talk to to ask if there are plans to put a disc on the new Telstra tower?

pffft.

Use search on this, and look on the map, to find your towers.

https://oztowers.com.au/

See what bands are available. Usually 700Mhz, 1800, 2600, 2300

Are you using a cat 4 modem?

What band does it say you are currently on, in the device info section?

Have you considered getting a cat 9 modem?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Slow Internet - Can I request Optus to do anything?

So sorry on our late reply to your post @doubleclick, we've been a tad busy lately! I hope that since posting you've been able to get in touch with someone to help out with this?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos