Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
ChrissieC
New Contributor
New Contributor

Slow Cable Internet

Hi,

The cable internet in Cannon Hill, QLD has been very slow for a month or two now. Previous feedback from Optus is that there is a fault and technicians are currently trying to resolve.

To date, it doesn't seem to have been resolved.

I'd appreciate it if you could advise on the following:

• Can you give an indication of when this will be resolved?
  • Will it ever be resolved?
  • Are we entitled to some sort of refund following two months (or more) of poor internet speeds?
  • Why can't Optus keep us informed on this issue? Regular feedback would be appreciated even if non-productive. Is there a website page that can keep us up to date with issues and their current status?

Regards,

Chris

Also, 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Slow Cable Internet

Hi Chris,

"There is a fault and technicians are currently trying to resolve. We have no ETA on the fix." Is usually Optus speak for issue unresolvable. 

Two main factors:

Even over just the past year or so data usage and people connecting to highspeed broadband has increased a lot. Optus in particular sell unlimited plans and provide a PVR to stream lots of TV.

The Optus cable in your area is due to be completely junked next year. Its likely Optus are not spending up big on trying to maintain or improve this non asset any more.

So unfortunately your current speeds would seem likely to continue until the NBN arrives (apparently about mid 2018 in your area).

Wish I had better news

Regards

Peter Gillespie

PhilC
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hi @ChrissieC sorry about the delayed response, have your services since returned to normal? When you've spoken to our tech team on 131344 or chatted with them live here →http://yesopt.us/chat2us have you been provided any fault reference or PR numbers we can investigate? You can also check for any live outages or scheduled maintenance impacting services in your area here →http://yesopt.us/networkstatus. 

Credits are assessed on a case by case basis, the fault would need to be resolved before we can assess what adjustments you may be eligible for.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
ChrissieC
New Contributor
New Contributor

H PhilC,

Thanks for your response.

No, my services haven't retunred to normal. I am currently experiencing broadband speeds of 1.5 Mbps (download) and 0.76 Mbps (upload). This issue has been on going now for about 3 months or possibly longer.

I have spoken to various people at Optus and have received contrasting advice ranging from 'technical issue with no known time of resolution' to 'there is no issue and your services are OK'. To date, the most believable feedback I have received is from the other responder to this post who advised that Optus have most likely over subscribed in Cannon Hill and will not be upgrading their apparatus with an impending NBN conversion on the horizon. I hope this is wrong and will leave this with Optus to prove otherwise.

I tried your tech team this morning (Wed, 03/01/18) on 131 344, but was advised that there is a technical fault and Optus are unable to take calls. I will try again later.

Regards,

ChrissieC

0 Kudos
Dan_C
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hey @ChrissieC,

You're more than welcome to send your details via PM. We'll need your full name, DOB and account number. I'm happy to take a scroll through your service report and see if we can confirm where the issue stems from. We'll get back to you as soon as we can. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy