Searching...
Highlighted

Slow Cable Internet NW Brisbane

internetslow

Hi, new user here. I have slow cable in Mitchelton NW Brisbane. When I donwload a file the speed is from 40kb/s to 3.5 MB/s. Usually between 400KB/s to 1.5 MB/s. I hade an optus tech out today and he said that it all checked out. He said that Melbourne centre reports it was ok. I have the same problem on 3 different computers. There is only ever one connected at any one time. I am using Firefox. One of the computers has a clean install of windows 2 days ago.

Is this the true speed of a 30MB/s connection? Is Foirefox slow? Am I missing something? Any advice appreciated.

Re: Slow Cable Internet NW Brisbane

AlexRH

Hey @internetslow, without looking at your service individually I can't really make any concrete judgements but there are a number of factors that can impact your speed like network traffic, speed pack provisioning or modem faults (more information on this here).

If you still need assistance with this, please run through some of the additional troubleshooting steps we have listed here - failing this, I can take a look at what's going on with your service but I'll just need you to PM me with your account number/username. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
83 Kudos
72 Kudos
71 Kudos
43 Kudos
27 Kudos