Searching...
Highlighted

Slow 4G Mobile Broadband Home

[ Edited ]
bkrtron_oz

I have had a 4G wireless plan for some time which was working amazing average speed was 70-100Mbps download speeds.

I went overseas for 6 months and have returned and got a new plan which is the same setup and now can't be more than 20-30Mbps download.

I contacted your support and all I got was walls of "its still a good speed" etc...No solution. 

I have a really good modem, external antennas and I plug directly into the modem with PC. 

I will be changing to Telstra's new plan, for this reason, unfortunately, it's a tower which must be overflooded with users. 

Something has to have changed with the service and speeds on the backend because if you are having this issue in the major cities it's madness.

It's been a good run Optus! ciao 

Re: Slow 4G Mobile Broadband Home

Ray_YC

Hi,
Thank you for raising this issue. 

What suburb/postcode is this tower located in?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]
bkrtron_oz

Hi Ray,

Mount Duneed 3217 or 3216

eNB ID 83047 - LTE

• Optus 2G 900MHz
  • Optus 3G 900MHz
  • Optus 3G 2100MHz
  • Optus 4G 700MHz Activated 11-Mar-2016
  • Optus 4G 1800MHz
  • Optus 4G 2100MHz Activated 21-Aug-2017
  • Optus 4G 2300MHz Activated 11-Mar-2016
  • (NBN 4G 3500MHz) Proposed 16-Dec-2015

Ray_YC

Thanks for getting back to me. I'll provide this info to our Networks team.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
69 Kudos
49 Kudos
38 Kudos
31 Kudos
16 Kudos