Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Mdavis
New Contributor
New Contributor

Setting up webmail in Outlook 2016

Im trying to set up my outlook 2016 with my optus webmail. I enter the corrrect ports manually and make sure the server address is correct but im still getting an error saying "We could not connect to the smtp server. please check the settings and try again"

Running win 10 x64.

Please help

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AlexRH
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: Setting up webmail in Outlook 2016

Uh oh! Sorry to hear that you've had some trouble getting the emails set up in Outlook 😞

Are you entering 'mail.optusnet.com.au' for the outgoing mail server? We also have a page on email application set up here.

If this doesn't help, please get in touch with our Faults team on 13 13 44 so we can get to the bottom of it there for you. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Daneel
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Setting up webmail in Outlook 2016

"Are you entering 'mail.optusnet.com.au' for the outgoing mail server? We also have a page on email application set up here."

But there is nothing to click on 2016 Outlook 2016 settings??

0 Kudos