Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Michellede
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Setting up Optusnet Email - POP3 VS IMAP

Thank you! That explains why in the past I haven't had this issue - was obviously set for POP3

Happy to do that again but can't find how to change it (in settings where to bring up the  boxes). The only options I have are delete account or change mailbox sync settings and even the advanced settings option only brings up boxes for incoming and outcoming server, nothing else. 

0 Kudos
George_YC

Hey @Michellede, you may need to set it up again from scratch in Outlook. I'd suggest contacting the software developer for further assistance and to see if you're able to change the settings if the mailbox is already set-up.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

MPTH
New Contributor
New Contributor

This advice worked for me. Have been putting up with the inability to send emails from my optusnet account for probably well over 12 months and had given up trying to fix it. Was unable to edit or switch security type on outlook android app so installed on android Googlemail, switched to TLS and wow, I can send emails again, just like I could back in 1993. 

The default setup if using outlook and simply entering in optus email address and password seems to make the right port choices but chooses SSL rather than TLS. I'm guessing Optus think people have moved on from using email or they are trying to discourage the use of email while mobile. In any case this is not a good look.  

0 Kudos
Pitbull007
Contributor
Contributor

What about for new email accounts? Do you have to use messenger, guy was clueless after 40 minutes of wasting my time today. 

0 Kudos
Jack_YC

Hi @pitbill007, thanks for reaching out. I've flagged your comment  as feedback for the relevant teams to review, as we're always looking to improve the level of service we provide.

If you don't want to use the Messaging team, I recommend giving our Customer Care team a call directly on 13 39 37. You can check our Contact Us page for more info.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors