cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
New Contributor
New Contributor

Setting Static IP Address on Sagemcom 5366LTE

Is anyone able to provide steps for assigning a static ip address to a device on my network with an Optus Sagemcom F@st 5366 LTE modem?  I know the mac address for the device just need to assign static IP address.  

0 Kudos
5 Replies

Re: Setting Static IP Address on Sagemcom 5366LTE

Hi @alastairpresha,

Thanks for raising this.

We may need to activate this on our end. 

Please note that we’re unable to look into account details on Yes Crowd.

We recommend messaging us via the My Optus App. The team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible.
If for some reason you’re unable to, if you have a social media account, please then send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details for further assistance mentioning you’re unable to use the My Optus app.

0 Kudos
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Are you talking about a static IP address that works away from home or just a set IP address on your local network. The modem always has a static internal IP (usually 192.168.0.1 or the like). If you want to change it then it should be listed in the modem settings for you to change but usually no reason too?
0 Kudos
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Its pretty clear what @alastairpresha is wanting to do. And that can be done on the Modem Settings --> LAN IPv4 page.

0 Kudos
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi - i used the LAN IPv4 page and used the "Reserve Address" section to assign an ip address to my device (not modem - a piece of large manufacturing equipment) - seems correct however i can't see the assignment list anywhere. Secondly, I need to open in the firewall port 1194 UDP to a public ip address (which i have) which the same large device has a pre-configured VPN to access for service calls. How is this done?
0 Kudos
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

The Reserve Address section is the assignment list, and from memory devices only shows up in the list if they are currently connected. It stupid behaviour, and as far as I'm concerned its a bug.

Ports can be forwarded form Network Settings --> Port Forwarding.