Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Cashcash5
New Contributor
New Contributor

Set up

Hi, I have just received my broadband router and have realised the DSL cable does not fit my existing phone line. Is there an adapter for this? Thanks

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Yeldarb
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Set up

Are you talking about where it plugs into the phone line on your wall? There is the old 610 socket type and the newer modular RJ11 and the self install kit should have both.

Cashcash5
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi, I believe it is the old type but there was no adapter within the start up kit, it only came with the DSL cable 

0 Kudos
Yeldarb
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Is this what you need?

telephone-adapter.jpg

Cashcash5
New Contributor
New Contributor

I need it to be the other way around if possible? 

0 Kudos
Yeldarb
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

So the phone socket on your wall has prongs, its a male plug not a female?

Cashcash5
New Contributor
New Contributor

Yes I believe so. I have tried to disconnect the adapter but it will not disconnect 

0 Kudos
Yeldarb
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

I have seen all sorts of standard and non-standard telephone points over the years and I have a feeling you have the male end of an extension cord as your telephone point. That being said there are adapters for just about everything and you should be able to get what you need at any electrical goods reseller. Office Works, Bunnings, Kmart are just a few that come to mind. I would suggest you take a picture of the telephone point and take it with you to the store and ask the store staff what you need.