Searching...

ServiceNet error

steve_baso

I have just setup ADSL2+ at my new house. The modem is plugged in and working - dsl light is solid green, Internet light is flashing green. The modem is generating a wifi network that all my devices can connect to using the wifi network name & password that came with the modem. I can access the modem using the IP address per the setup manual, and when I do so, the modem indicates that I am connected to the Internet.

However, whenever I attempt to access the Internet from any of my devices (including my computer, which is connected to the modem by cable) it diverts to service.optuszoo.com.au and asked for my optusnet username and password. When I input these, I get a message saying I cannot connect to the Internet, and that there is an error contacting the billing system. I am advised to call 1300 309 333. 

I have done this, and was told there was a 30 minute wait. An hour and 20 minutes later, someone picks up and after asking me to reboot my modem, tells me that my modem is working, and I'm connected to the Internet, so the problem must be with my 5 devices, not Optus. He says he can't help me. I ask to speak to a supervisor, and am put on hold for another 20 minutes, after which I am hung up on. 

Has anyone had a similar problem with their adsl, and if so, how did you fix it? Every time I try to contact someone at Optus I get told there is a 30min wait, but after my first experience I'm not willing wait 90 minutes to be hung up on again. 

Re: ServiceNet error

Jax_K

@steve_baso, thanks for contacting us and sorry to hear about your interaction with our agent when you called for help Smiley Sad So we can authenticate you on our Network you'll need to enter the Optus username and password we provided you by going into the modem through 192.168.0.1, once you have saved these settings you'll then be directed to servicenet where you should see your Optus username in the username field. Once you enter your password here you'll be directed to agree to our T&C's and then you should be able to browse the internet. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

NathanBourne

Hi

I am having the problem mentioned above. I have followed the steps and still get an error stating "There was an error contacting the billing systems, please try again later".

I have tried calling for two days now and after waiting for 40mins the first time and 1.5 hours the next to only be told on the call back the wrong department had called me.

Can some one please advise how to rectify this issue? Telstra are looking like a better option at the moment.....

Thanks

Nathan

Hollie

Hey Nathan, 

Sounds a bit strange - do you receive that error once you enter the details in the modem and then get directed to servicenet? I haven't seen that error before. If you need a hand with this, our tech support team are the best people to chat with on 131344, if you have no luck getting through to them please PM (private message) me your information so I can have a look into this. Just a heads up we are quite busy at the moment so it may take me a few days to respond. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

JadeG

This exact same problem has happened to me this morning. I’ve avtually spent a total of six hours over the phone and being hung up on multiple times. Tried to go into the shop and was told to call up. 

Have put put in a formal complaint with the ombudsmen and am currently on hold trying to cancel my service....

Dan_C

I'm sorry we couldn't get to you any sooner @JadeG.

If you still need a hand, I'm happy to give it a shot.

Are dealing with a newly activated service, or an established service? 

If you'd like us to take a look, send us a PM

We'll need your full name, DOB and account number, or username. 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
86 Kudos
80 Kudos
63 Kudos
36 Kudos
35 Kudos