cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Service stuff around

Hi. I need someone who can fix things to contact me asap regarding my account as im now informed it has been canceled.  

I was stuffed around and told different things about a week ago with my account when i was trying to sort out payment. 

I paid my account but to an old account number which i didnt know due to upgrading to nbn. The service consultant said she noted it and would chmage it so it went into my nbn account. So i thought all good its sorted. 

A week later service is restricted again. I call again and tell them what happened and they say no payment was made so mentioned that it was to the wrong account and also that what happened above. She said the funds will be refunded and we need to pay it to new account when it comes through. No problems. 

Today. 7/6 money comes through i contact optus as services restricted again.  I ask consultant what is outstanding she says $212 so i pay $250. Inask if the services can be restored she says yeah and its all good but please pay new bill in next few days i say yeah no worries. 

I hang out for a bit while waiting for services to be restored.  An hour goes by and nothing so thought i will contact again to see whats happening. I get a chat pwrson and ask about my account he says your account is cancelled.  What no injust paid it and its being restored the chat drops out and i get natasha. Inask here and same answer. Chat drops in and out for a while. I finally get back on and am told my service was cancelled due to non payment. I tell them all of the above and am told inhave to wait till monday.  I told her i was told if i paid this amount my service will be restored ao i paid more. And consultant said thank you services will be restored 

in the end natasha said she cant help me and to wait. I asked what i owe to fix any issues and she said she cant access my account. She did however see that i paid the 250 today.  

I need some one to sort this asap as of tomorow. Or restore my account or i will have to contaxt the ombudsman. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Service stuff around

Hi @Dkn,

It should be smoother than that but it seems a combination of errors. I believe the optus activation department is seperate from other departments so customer service people can only request the job gets done, not do it them selves.

There's also two levels of disconnect due to late payment. First you or Optus can get it back on pretty easily. It seems yours is the second level that takes a bit more. It's also possible different accounts are telling the activation different things - paid, turn it on. Not paid, turn it off.

Anyway, for second level disconnect you'll definitely need to wait until Monday for it to be actioned. 

Sorry

Peter Gillespie

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi peter. 

Thanks for your reply. 

I understand i jave to wait but just a bit *moderated* that was told this then tgat tgen this and now i get my services cancelled because of there imternal problems.  Its just annoying.  

And to ad to the insult saying my account is canceled due to non payment which i clearly made a few times. Then the online chat just shutting me down with resolution. Whats the point of it. 

Anyway im not getting anywhere here so will have to wait.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Yeah, once you get off the beaten path at Optus you can find systems and advice you get don't quite work together seemlessly. It's not a professional look from our nation's second biggest Telco. Turns an already stressful situation into a really annoying one.

Hope you get reconnected soon.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

We find that service difficulties often occur late on a Friday afternoon, tech support are reduced to just a call desk, they promise a call back within 24 hours but it never happens (in our experience). Latest we were told is a replacement modem which could take up to a week to arrive, tough when you run a home business ......
0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey @Dkn, it's not good to hear about the issues with your account and I can definitely take a look into what's happening for you. Feel free to send me a private message with your account number, full name and DOB so I can double check this for you

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos