cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Service cancelled

My cable account is due to be disconnected on the 23rd of april.

Given the national crisis currently impacting the country it's not fair to disconnect a person who has always paid their bills.

Can I keep my service until I receive assurance that Optus will provide me with an appointment before any lock downs take effect. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Service cancelled

A few posts recently asking this. I would suggest you should not be leaving things like moving to the NBN to the last minute. You have a month still and that should be plenty to get migrated to the NBN if it is available. Call Optus (or another RSP) and make an appointment. You'll get a scheduled date within 48 hours.

Optus shut down the entire area service (not just your house) so keeping it up will be an overall decision and not just something they do for you. FWIW its very unlikely the scheduled date will be the actual end of the service and it may continue for weeks or months later (but I wouldn't rely on that).
0 Kudos
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thank you so much for the response.

I've signed up for the NBN with optus. 

The technician is scheduled for the 14th of April.

While this does give me a week buffer, I'm deeply concerned that the next phases of government restrictions would cause Optus to cancel the appointment and thus leaving me with no internet. 

I desperately need access to the internet for my job. 

Appreciate any advice. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

NBN installations are still proceeding. As an Optus Mod posted recently you will be asked if you have come into prolonged contact with a covoid 19 case (or have it). If the answer is no then they'll come in and set things up. I would suggest that in these days of imposed isolation getting the internet hooked up is considered an essential service anyway.

There's another thread around that the mods are using to announce any official info in this area that they find out.
0 Kudos