cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor GriffinL
Occasional Contributor

Server error: '450 4.7.1 Auto blocked due to excessive mail

Hi there,  an hour ago I got this message when I tried to send an email.  (I had sent only 8 by that time).  Called optus they said its not Optus,  called the technician, he said it is optus.   Any one have a magic wand I can borrow to fix this?  Thanks

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Occasional Contributor

Re: Server error: '450 4.7.1 Auto blocked due to excessive mail

Just called Optus again - they advise this doesnt happen - they have never heard of this.  I pointed out there are a number of posts stating that it does happen and technicians take "seconds"to unblock.  The reponse:  We do not block and then we block only when 100s of emails are sent - I advised yet again that I only sent 8 emails this morning... Grr...  How can such a large company get something so fundamentally wrong and not have staff trained to assist?  So very disappointed.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Just called Optus again - they advise this doesnt happen - they have never heard of this.  I pointed out there are a number of posts stating that it does happen and technicians take "seconds"to unblock.  The reponse:  We do not block and then we block only when 100s of emails are sent - I advised yet again that I only sent 8 emails this morning... Grr...  How can such a large company get something so fundamentally wrong and not have staff trained to assist?  So very disappointed.

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

I don't know how many emails you can send via optus mail servers per hour however I certainly think it's more than 8. Is this an Optus email account you are using or your own business email account?

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Yes Optus account.  As noted in previous post, it is now working again.  Appears that the optus "help team", or at least the person I spoke to dont even know they block.  Absolute waste of time talking with them.  Im just hoping that it doesnt happen again.  Thanks for the reply.

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hmm just read back through the post and did not see where you said the problem was fixed. Anyhow I am glad it's working and hopefully there won't be any further problems.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Correct again - I thought I had mentioned it was fixed...  I didnt.  Thanks again for the responses.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Cheers!

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Sydneyrob
Occasional Contributor

have the same problem today after sending 3 or 4 emails.  Optus is getting worse and their interent is increasingly dropping in and out.  This better fix itself pretty dam quick as it is costing me money and my patience is fast running out. Excessive email is absolute rubbish.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors