Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
EmmaM
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Server error: '450 4.7.1 Auto blocked due to excessive mail.'

I've been blocked from sending emails with the following error message:

Server error: '450 4.7.1 Auto blocked due to excessive mail.' How can I be unblocked as I need it for work?

Not sure why your algorithm has picked this up as I've only sent about a dozen emails today all to different people and with different subjects.

Its really frustrating as the same thing happened last week when I was emailing the same person.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Server error: '450 4.7.1 Auto blocked due to excessive mail.'

Hey there EmmaM,

Please see this thread. The restriction is usually lifted after 24 hours, if there is an ongoing issue you would need to contact Optus directly.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am now no longer part of Yes Crowd or Optus. Thank you to all those who have contributed to the forum during my time, especially the regulars! Cheers!
0 Kudos
EmmaM
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks, the block was lifted by the next day but this has happened quite a number of times recently and I don't understand why. It's super frustrating as I work from home. I tried calling Optus one time it happened and they said there was nothing they could do - they told me it was an issue with my webmail which clearly it isn't.

0 Kudos
juslowe
New Contributor
New Contributor

450 4.7.1 Auto blocked due to excessive mail

I seem to be getting this every 2-3 days. It works for a while, then after sending 10-20 emails, the rest get blocked! It's usually resolved the next day, but I am stuck until it's resolved. 

Am using the Outlook client on a laptop. Have tried contacting Optus and they said it's a problem with my Outlook, but how can that be when it was working properly for a couple of days, then stops! It's been so frustrating!

mikewoods
New Contributor
New Contributor

Optus technical support told me today that there was nothing they could do at their end for error  450 4.7.1 and suggested I contact Microsoft as it is an Outlook error.  Does that sound right?

0 Kudos
Serena_YC

Hi @mikewoods

Have you had a chance to try using another email program/client to see if the same issue happens? More information on setting up your OptusNet email can be found on our Using an email application with OptusNet email page. 

If the same issue occurs with another email program/client, then this suggests that the block has been placed by our mail servers. 

In that case, I would suggest getting in touch with us by sending a private message or DM to the official Optus Facebook or Twitter page for further assistance.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
EmmaM
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

This has happened to me again today. It's definitely something at the Optus end as it doesn't matter what email client I use.

I've only sent a few emails today. Its happened enough times now that I'm going to look into moving to a different supplier.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors