Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Scam?

This week we received an email which looks like it was sent by Optus saying Optus could not process our last payment you need to update your details within 48hr or service distruptions May
occur. When checking my account it says bills is up to date and the payment has been deducted from our bank account 🤷‍ Wondering if this is one of the latest scams? The email address it was sent from was hidden
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Scam?

Yep, 100% a scam.

I hope you did not click any links in the email to log in, because if you did the scammers now have your login details and full access to your account.

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks. No I didn’t luckily.
Highlighted
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

SCAM!!!

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Why hasn't Optus got onto the scam that advises that your account hasn't enough funds.

Ive had 4 plus one after my account was paid to say there wasn't enough funds?

I mean arn't Optus experts in communications? or don't they care about their customers being SCAMMED ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

@ANTAR wrote:

Why hasn't Optus got onto the scam that advises that your account hasn't enough funds.

To expect Optus to know of every possible scam type AND variation AND block them is naive.

Ive had 4 plus one after my account was paid to say there wasn't enough funds?

Have you reported them to Optus? If not why not?

I mean arn't Optus experts in communications?

Nope. They suck at communications.

don't they care about their customers being SCAMMED ?

They do, if for no other than selfish reasons of it costs them money in many cases.

0 Kudos