Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Scam Emails and Texts

I am getting an unusual amount of both emails & text message scams, is anything been done about this? Is my account safe? Not even sure how my information got out, I'm not really social online or in the real world. I have rang up about them, was told emails would stop, hasn't happened yet.

Feeling concerned.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Scam Emails and Texts

If you clicked on one of the links in the messages you would have verified your email or mobile is active. Unfortunately in the short term this may result in more scams. Providing you haven't given out any personal information there shouldn't be a problem. They will eventually go away but it might take some time.

Edit: I should also say that its almost pointless to block these email addresses and phone numbers as they almost never use the same email or phone number for the next round of scams.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I've never click links, only ever hover to see where it's from. I hope they stop eventually.
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Well that's good to hear Rozie as many people inadvertently make matters worse by clicking on the links even if they don't give out private information.

In answer to your original question yes there has been an increase in scams of late. I have seen this with reports on the forum and I have also seen this with attacks on my own clients through the mail servers I manage. It seems to come in waves and once people have woken up to it they stop until the next scam. I don't think you have anything to concern yourself about as many people are receiving the same rubbish as you.

Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Not good to hear about this Rozie 😞 Are you able to screen grab some of these emails or texts without your information on these so I can report to our security team? 

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi AlisterS,

I guess it's our lucky day, my bin hadn't been emptied yet, text messages are similar, cannot screen shot them don't know how on the mobile phone, it's a stupid windows phone, Optus really duped me on that deal years ago, but that's another story. My bills are always paid, hence I am using the internet... 😋

Has a huge long URL when hovering over it, https:// blah blah sendgriddotnet blah blah blah 🙄

Scam Pic Optus.JPG

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Glad that you didn't empty the trash yet! haha

Thank you so much for passing this screenshot on. I'll pass this onto the security team so hopefully they can stop these emails coming through.

May I ask what number the SMS is coming from?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Sorry I don't know, that was cleared pretty much instantly, and was before I thought about asking questions in here. Will certainly get it next time.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

That's okay, Rozie.

I was visiting my parents on the weekend and my Dad got one similar to yours, at least "Submitting" was spelled correctly in your one 🙄 

I actually had an e-mail conversation with a member from our Online Security last week who gave me a run down of how they monitor Yes Crowd for customer's reporting spam and how pretty quickly they jump on it  if they weren't already aware of it so thanks again for bringing this to our attention. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi Ray_YC,
I have phoned customer service about these and the emails were still coming. I know it would most likely take a long time for them to stop, I had an email about 12 month saying they hacked my account, the even showed a very old password I used to use, that scared the dickens out of me, I rang and asked if I had been hacked, I don't even know if you can tell that, I am not tech savvy, and I don't give out my info easily, but I am human and make mistakes and maybe one day I did do some stupid. At least now I can blame my age... getting older... 😉