Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Samsung Tab PRO S - wont turn on

I cant get through on the phone, ive tried a few times and the last time i got through and was hung up on.

The actual problem.

My tablet wont turn on or charge. It was inteermittently turning on but it wont even do that now. When i plug in to charge the grey charge icon comes up but doesnt show the charge level and wont boot past that screen. The same thing happens when left to charge over night.

History

About 2 weeks ago, bitlocker lost sync? with the TPM and i couldnt get back into the device. I reimaged the laptop via its recovery partition and it appeared to work for a few days....now it doesnt.

Is there anyway to to start the repair process with out going into the Optus store or getting bounced around on the phone? .....the Chat function isnt working for me either on this website which is making it even more fun.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Samsung Tab PRO S - wont turn on

What a mess. So, you've got a battery charge problem, and Bitlocker drive encryption is also confused about the password, due to some crash that happened when the battery went.

Do you want the data on the device? I mean a data recovery company might be able to bypass the charging circuits, and supply direct power. But then, TPM has lost the plot, and won't load Bitlocker

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Nah, its basically a fresh install right now anyway. Im pretty convinced that its a warranty replacement but the process is not so Customer friendly at the ol'Oppertus

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Your device might just need a "hard reset".  Follow the instructions here:

http://www.hardreset.info/devices/samsung/samsung-w700-galaxy-tabpro-s-12/

Bear in mind that it may not work so no guarantees but at least you can try.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

@PainfulYES - Not at all what we want your experience to be like. I'm sorry about the delay in getting back to you on this - since this post have you had a chance to chat to someone who was able to look into this for you? Can I get you to confirm if the tablet itself is retaining charge anymore, or if this issue is still impacting the device? It does sound like we may need to investigate further -I can appreciate you'd prefer not to pop into a store however we do need to physically review this to see if it's due to a manufacturer fault to get it sent away. If you're still needing a hand with this please chat to us here http://yesopt.us/chat2us so our Technical Support team can trouble shoot this for you first

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos