Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Pteamg55
New Contributor
New Contributor

Sagemcon Ultra WiFi and NBN modem

Hi, I have just swapped over from Foxtel Internet to Optus.

I recieved my Sagemcon ultra wifi modem and did not recieve a Optus NBN modem.

I was told by the Optus technical staff that I would not be recieving a Optus NBN modem and to use the Foxtel NBN modem.

Im confussed as the instructions on the Optus Sagemcon 5366 LTE unit tell me that I need to connect to a Optus NBN modem as Optus cannot warrant performance if I use the Foxtel NBN modem.

To be clear I have a coaxial cable to my house, which i connect a NBN modem and then I connect a wifi gateway modem to this item.

Can you please assist and advise if I need a Optus (netgear nbn modem) in conjunction with my Optus Sagemcon 5366 LTE modem.

Thanks..

0 Kudos
4 Replies
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Sagemcon Ultra WiFi and NBN modem

For NBN HFC (i.e. coaxial) all RSP's  use the modem supplied by NBN, and it will be clearly labelled with the NBN logo.

The Sagemcom Ultra is both a modem and router, and you will be using it as a router. Just follow the the NBN HFC instructions in the leaflet that came with the Ultra.

You do not need any other equipment. 

0 Kudos
Jono_YC

Hi @Pteamg55 it's not great to hear that you have not received your NBN modem.

If you’re still needing a hand, we recommend messaging us via the My Optus App. Our team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible.

We're also available to assist via Social Media. Please send us a private message to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details for further assistance.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

Pteamg55
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi the current NBN modem i have is an from my previuos provider, Foxtel. is Optus relying on the Foxtel NBN branded modem??

0 Kudos
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Yes. If its NBN branded (which it has to be for NBN HFC) then NBN supplied it, and it can be used with Foxtel, Optus, or any other RSP.

0 Kudos