cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Sagemcom

Hi

I currently have a Sagemcom F@ST 5366. I need to add parental controls to my wifi and bought a Disney Circle device however it is not compatible with the Sagemcom. Does anyone have any ideas on:

- how best to get a modem/router that works with Optus nbn and the Circle device or

- a new modem/router that has parental controls on wifi

Thanks

Cyrus  

0 Kudos
14 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Sagemcom

@Cyrus123 wrote:

I currently have a Sagemcom F@ST 5366. I need to add parental controls to my wifi and bought a Disney Circle device however it is not compatible with the Sagemcom.Cyrus  

What do you mean by cot compatible? Does it not get inter net at all or is there some other problem?

- a new modem/router that has parental controls on wifi

The 5366 has some basic parental controls, see: Network settings → Parental control → Internet access control planning

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

@Cyrus123  Do you use the Optus VOIP landline?
What technology does your NBN connection use? FTTN, FTTC, FTTP, HFC etc if unsure please check here https://www.nbnco.com.au/connect-home-or-business/check-your-address

Have a look at  at whirlpool.net.au and search for Parental Control.
If you don't use the VOIP and depending on the technology used for your NBN connection you maybe able to just replace the Sagemcom F@ST 5366 with a different router.

I am an Optus subscriber, just trying to help.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I have been in touch with Circle and it is not compatible as in the setting to restrict certain sites etc don’t work. The settings on the Sagemcom are too basic for parental control
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

It is HFC in my area. I am keen to know if there are any other Modem/routers I can use with Optus (to replace Sagemcom) that would then be compatible with my Circle device
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Have you tried Compatibility Mode?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

This is only available for Circle Home Plus and I have a 1st generation Circle device.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Then you'll need to answer @Tigers1719 's questions to determine if the Sagemcom is replaceable with a router that's on their compatibility list.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Also, are you connecting the Circle to Sagemcom via wifi or via LAN cable?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

@Cyrus123  Assuming you do not want the Optus VOIP Landline you need to do some research on the compatible router list for your Circle Device, that are NBN compatible and available to purchase.

If you require a Landline phone then the easiest would be as above the router has VOIP support as well and find a RSP that supplies the router or will let you supply your own equipment. 

If you choose to get a compatible router and remain with Optus you turn off the Sagemcom, pack it away in storage and connect the ethernet cable from the HFC/NTD into the WAN Port of the new router and setup from there. You need to keep the Sagemcom in case Optus has to reset your NBN connection as you need it to setup the connection.

I am an Optus subscriber, just trying to help.
0 Kudos