Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor Miki
Occasional Contributor

Sagemcom modem losing connection

My Optus Sagemcom ADSL modem keeps losing connection. 

It will work perfectly for a while but then suddendly I am unable to access anything on the internet even though the modem lights still say its connected are are flashing like there's a whole heap of data going through. Often if I turn off all devices, the lights are still flashing but nothing is connected.

Weirdly, when then I restart the modem its magically all fine again. Only problem is this happens several times in a day and is very frustrating.

I have tested on phone and iPad over Wifi and PC and TV connected directly via cable, and when the issue occurs no devices access anything -  just progress wheel until it times out. I have also reset the modem and changed my Wifi password but nothing has fixed it so far.

Is there a way I can find out if it's a fault with the modem, a configuration issue, or a problem with the network?

Thanks

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
RetiredModerator Gen_R
RetiredModerator

Re: Sagemcom modem losing connection

Hey Miki - very sorry for the delayed reply. If you're still needing a hand, would recommend touching base with Tech Support on 131344.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

Occasional Contributor Miki
Occasional Contributor

Thanks. All working fine. Thanks Tech Support.

New Contributor BN_Lee
New Contributor

Hi, I am having the same problem as you. I have changed a modem - initially they said it was the modem problem. Got a new modem and now am having this problem again. Did they send you a technician to your place to check the connection?

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Toomey
RetiredModerator

Hi @BN_Lee, sorry for the delay with our response. I can completely understand the frustration you'd be facing with the second modem. 

This could potentially be a fault with the device or maybe even a network issue, but we would need to open an investigation with our Tech Support team to get a more definite answer, they can be contacted via Live Chat here. Alternatively, they can be reached on the phone by calling 131344.

In the meanwhile, if you have any issues, please let me know.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Coalfalls
New Contributor

All wifi functionality on my Optus Sagemcom modem now gone! So much for a wifi modem! 

Modem constantly resetting.

How can I get in touch with Optus tech support?

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator JordanOptus
RetiredModerator

Hey @Coalfalls, you can get onto Tech Support right here 🙂

0 Kudos
New Contributor Coalfalls
New Contributor

Hi Jordan,

I have a Sagemcom F@st3864OP modem which is playing up. For a number of days the wifi functionality completely stopped. Then the modem of its own accord kept rebooting, turning on and off and then the power light would not come on. This meant that we then had no home phone and could not call up tech support. I called on my mobile and was twice disconnected. My son called on his mobile and was twice disconnected after waiting over half an hour. 

I tried rebooting the modem, did factory resets, turned on and off and it made no difference. 

Can you please arrange for a replacement modem for me?

Cheers,

Anthony

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Tano
RetiredModerator

Hey @Coalfalls, we'll first need to establish that it is an issue with the modem and not a networking issue before we consider a replacement. Have you had any luck reaching out to Tech Support over live chat? You can access this service on your smartphone. They would be the best point of contact to establish the cause of the problem here.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos