Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Lancenorris91
New Contributor
New Contributor

Sagemcom Wifi Only connects to one device

I’ve seen this issue a few times online but can’t see how this was actually resolved. Wifi is connected to all devices but only one device at a time has an internet connection. 

I have an adsl2 connection which I think is cable?

Called Optus and they are no help. Any help would be great, I have reset, unplugged re plugged everything over and over again with no luck. Guess if I can’t resolve this I will just cancel my Optus contract and go back to Dodo who gave me no issues! 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Sagemcom Wifi Only connects to one device

This has popped up a few times and I'm beginning to wonder if it's a faulty modern bug. You may need to request a replacement device.

However two thoughts to check:

Check parental controls for any Strange settings.

IMO is probably a dhcp conflict. Try turnings dhcp off on the modem. Check there's not some other device on your network with dhcp on. Try connecting two devices with IP addresses hard coded. Perhaps turn off wifi, remove all devices and reconnect 1 wired at a time.

Good luck

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Lancenorris91
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks for the response Peter.

i am not very tech savvy but I believe I did what you mentioned with no avail. Weird was everything was working perfectly on all devices from date of install for about 9 days ( 1 computer, 2 x pones and 1 x Xbox) then suddenly it switched to one device only. 

0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Ok. 

So your modern has a specific address. 192.168.0.1?

Go to each individual device. In its settings change its network settings from auto / dhcp to manual. 

IP = 192.168.0.x

Mask = 255.255.255.0

Gateway = 192.168.0.1 (modem)

X = any number between 1 and 255 (start at say 215)

This should hard code your device to the modem. Confirm functionality then repeat on next device. X = different number! 

Also confirm no device has be Ash P server activated (except maybe the modem)

As an alternative set all devices network settings to auto set modem dhcp server on and it's range 200 to 250.

Good luck

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
10000000000GB
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

>>I will just cancel my Optus contract and go back to Dodo who gave me no issues! 

So you still have the Dodo modem lurking around? Sounds like the thing to use.  The modem is not really something that would inspire me to move contract, since they are so cheap and available on ebay etc

>>I have an adsl2 connection which I think is cable?

Cable is like a TV antenna cable - THICK. ADSL2 uses your phone line.