cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Sagemcom FaST 3864

I understand modems need to be mass produced and resold for litlte profit and whatnot. But how's about if you provide me with a modem such as the Sagemcom 3864 you make it so that port forwarding works to internal IP's. Or atleast document the device a bit better. I have spent way too much of my time trying to do a simple port forward from the modem to an internal IP. I have looked at flashing the modem with OpenWRT as optus offer little to no support.

Unfortunately for Optus this is simply not good enough.

8 Replies
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: Sagemcom FaST 3864

Hey there - although it's not something we provide support for, it should be possible. Check out this thread.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hey there.

I had found that thread via the search tool. Website mentioned by Optus person listed seems very spam like and quite non-authority. It did not help at atl. I mean if I wanted screenshots of the router I could have taken them myself ?

Optus supplied manual is very vague, suppliers own manual reads more like a sales cooy.

Complete rubbish for that I paid for it (also saying that because the exact same model is available on ebay for less than $1 AUD from an australian seller).

--Unhappy optus customer.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Also check out this thread. Here we managed to use port forwarding to set up a Wireless printer. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for trying but that is not what I need.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

It's seemed quite similar. If you could describe in more detail what you're trying to do - I'll see if I can source a solution.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Im wondering i this sagemcom thing is locked to optus?

Highlighted

Hey kasirajo, is that the cable or DSLD modem? 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I have just connected (4) Fourth Sagemcom FaST @3864 router yesterday spent over two hours with ELLA she was telling me the small i on top of browser and it being setup on public wifi was wrong she never knew what to tell me to setup my fourth router all keep being used by Upnp devices setup on my bloothtooth section of win 10 Pro Im concerned as to why OPTUS will not setup my routers to usual 192.168.0.1 page like everyone else however Im going back to OMBUDSMAN OFFICE again they just dont seem to give a damn about consumers like myself 16 years of customer yet they mistreat me so much I wonder why they have not lost a lot more telcos need to help us when requested I pay for unlimited 80 month waiting for NBN still they w32 trojan my router even setup UPNP devices we have the UUID and registered owners of Laptops yet the police dont seem to want to act why

0 Kudos