Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Sagemcom F@ST5366TN-A basic user settings greyed out?

I was recently moved to the F@ST5366TN-A about a week ago after my Sagemcom 3864 developed an intermittent fault. 

After setting it up and playing with it for an hour or so I'm not asking for much:

1. I'd like to change the login username for instance. It is by default set to 'optus' and cannot be changed as the field if greyed out. I find it hard to understand that everyone who owns a F@ST5366TN *must* have 'optus' as the login username. Please let me select my own username?

2. Similar to number 1 the default device name is 'my gateway' and the field to change this is greyed out. Again everyone who has this device must have 'my gateway' as the device name?. Why? Please let me rename it.

3. As above, I'd also like to assign my own DNS. Currently it is unchangeable from 192.168.0.1. as this is also greyed out.

4. Lastly, I would like to be able to assign a device name against each MAC address I enter when I enter MAC filtering for a wireless devices. At first glance it looks like you can as there is a 'device name' field in the list, but you cannot actually edit into it. Its hard to tell which device is which when all you can see is strings of hex codes. (Although admit this was the same with the 3864).

Not sure why these really really basic settings are locked out or just not available on what is a brand new device. None of these would break any kind of policy I would have thought. They are really just personal preferences?

BTW the device has updated itself to the latest firmware ending in 105 so I'm expecting this is as good as it gets?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Sagemcom F@ST5366TN-A basic user settings greyed out?

Not sure why these really really basic settings are locked out or just not available

Optus have this very bizarre need lobotomise their devices and its very hard to get them to make changes.

If you want changes made to the firmware its best to post them in this main thread .

#1 I don't thinks its common on routers to change usernames, at least I don't recall seeing that on ones I've had.

#2 Has been discussed but I don't recall the outcome.

#3 is already confirmed to be worked on.

#4 I've seen that mentioned but I don't think it was in the main thread.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Sagemcom F@ST5366TN-A basic user settings greyed out?

Thanks.

Ill try the main thread

0 Kudos