Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
petermini
New Contributor
New Contributor

Sagemcom F@ST3864AC

I have the NBN connected at home and have a Sagemcom F@ST3864AC router. The broadband speed of my PC is approx. 90Mbps download and upload 40Mbps. The speed of my iPad located less than a metre from the router is approx 7Mbps download and 12Mbps upload. Why is the download speed so slow and how can it be improved? Wifi range is also very poor.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
SillyGogo
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

Re: Sagemcom F@ST3864AC

maybe bad ipad? are you connected to the 5ghz band of the modem? Try connecting your ipad to anothere access point and see what speed you can achieve.

I know when I first got my Sagemcom modem, there were some drop outs. After a few hard reset it all comes good. 

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
petermini
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Sagemcom F@ST3864AC

No, I think the iPad is good. Tried changing the channel and got excellent speed around lunch time but back to snail pace late afternoon. Yes I am using the 5GHz, and have tested on 2 different iPads. Will wait and see what tomaorrow brings. Thanks for your response.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors