cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question

Yes Crowd will close and be redirected to Help & Support on the 1st November 2021. Thank you to every member who has made this community such a helpful and supportive place for customers and staff to interact to help serve along with improve our products and services. You will be missed.

prabbit70
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Sagemcom F@ST 5366 TN reset main Password provided.

I logged in with the password provided, created a new different password for each WiFi channel, phones connected ... all good, but when I try and log back in to the router at 192.168.0.1 I get "Incorrect Password" error message. I've tried each of the different WiFi channel passwords and the 1 provided.

How do I reset the main login password?

Where do I get a User Manual??? I have looked ... It's the only product I own that doesn't seem to have one?

Thank you in advance

0 Kudos
4 Replies
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Sagemcom F@ST 5366 TN reset main Password provided.

@prabbit70 wrote:

but when I try and log back in to the router at 192.168.0.1 I get "Incorrect Password" error message.

You should not get that error message if you are trying to log in to the router configuration page on 192.168.0.1. If the user name or login is incorrect you should be getting a "Wrong login information" error. 

How do I reset the main login password?

The only way to do that is with a factory reset but you will loose all the changes you have made to the router if you do that.

Where do I get a User Manual??? I have looked

There is node. Optus do no provide manuals for their routers.

0 Kudos
prabbit70
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

You are right about the exact wording of the error message, and I did a factory reset, and the WiFi works fine with the default password ..... BUT I still can't login to the settings on 192.168.0.1 ???? Whats going on with it?
0 Kudos
prabbit70
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

A big thank you for replying BTW
0 Kudos
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@prabbit70 wrote:
BUT I still can't login to the settings on 192.168.0.1 ???? Whats going on with it?

The username is "optus" (lowercase) and the default password is the same as the default wifi password. See sticker on back of 5366.

0 Kudos