Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Sagemcom F@ST 5366 TN band steering???

Hi,

Thanks in advance, but I was wondering if the modem had bandsteering capabilities, and if so is it good? I have both ssid the same and so it turns into one network but I wanted to know whether it is alright or I should change it
because I do not know whether my devices are connecting only to the 2.4ghz or both. Is it like the Telstra smart modem gen 2 or not?

Thanks in advance
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Sagemcom F@ST 5366 TN band steering???

As far as I know it does not have band steering, and I certainly don't recall seeing any settings for it. Its best to keep the SSID's different. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Oh ok thanks! I have done some tests and I noticed that it actually does work! There is no setting, but when I make them same ssid my phone automatically connects to each band depending on my range and all the devices nearby that do not move (tv and phone and Soundbar) are always on 5ghz, but I am confused whether it is the device or the modem, because in our house we have all modern devices, and so if it is the devices that do the work then I am good. I just wanted to know but thanks!

You have helped me before, and contribute all the time so thank you very much I am giving you kudos
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

but I am confused whether it is the device or the modem

Because steering can cause problems with some devices, If there are no steering settings then I'd be inclined to think its the devices that are doing the switching and not the modem doing steering.

You have helped me before, and contribute all the time so thank you very much I am giving you kudos

😀

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Yes ok thanks so much! I was just a bit confused because it said that on the Telstra modem both bands are by default on same ssid, yet Telstra still advertised it to be their 'smart' modem.
Thanks so much again! 😉
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

I'm just making what I think is a reasonably logical guess, if Optus don't provide the info that's all I can do 🤣.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Yes a know ok, and i really do appreciate that (whenever you reply to a person's question i always use that info because i trust you). Also can you please please please give me kudos i really want i always give you kudos please!!!