cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Occasional Contributor AlbertYu
Occasional Contributor

Sagemcom F@ST 3864 firmware update?

Hello,

Does Optus automatically push the latest firmware update to this router/modem?

Appreciate it if someone/Optus tells me the procedure to update the firmware on this router/modem.

Thank you,

Albert

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Crowd Champion SillyGogo
Crowd Champion

Re: Sagemcom F@ST 3864 firmware update?

the new firmware usually get push to the modem directly from optus

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@AlbertYu, @SillyGogo is right on the money.

We won't send you a notification that the firmware update is ready for deployment rather it's pushed through when you power cycle your modem. What version of firmware are you currently running on? I believe firmware version 8.358_F@ST3864AC_Optus is the latest version of firmware for our Sagemcom A.C modems (NBN). 

--------------------------------------------------------------
We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Occasional Contributor

@Dan_C, thank you for your useful response.

I will power cycle my router/modem later on.

Then I will check my firmware version and inform you.

Thanks again..

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Hi again @Dan_C, I power cycled my router/modem, and the firmware on it is:

8.353.1_F@ST5350_Optus

Is this the latest version I should have?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hey @AlbertYu,

Please excuse my delayed response to this one. I've been away from the office for a short while. Firmware version 8.353.1_F@ST5350_Optus is the latest version of firmware for our non A.C Sagemcom 3864 modem. Firmware version 8.358_F@ST3864AC is the latest version of firmware for our NBN Sagemcom with A.C. If you have any other questions, feel free to shoot them on through Smiley Happy

--------------------------------------------------------------
We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
New Contributor mattacosta
New Contributor

Hi i am an nbn customer but am on 8.353.1_F@ST5350_Optus is this correct?

0 Kudos
Moderator Aman_B

Hi @mattacosta -  Have you tried doing a Factory reset as this will update your firmware if  required? Usually a factory reset fixes the issue as it forces the modem to check for the latest version of firmware. If you can please try this by pushing a paper clip or pin into the small reset hole located at the back of the modem, then hold it in for 10 seconds until the lights all flash. This will take about 5-10 minutes to complete the reset process. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Infinity17
Occasional Contributor

Hi there , i have a Sagemcom F@ST 3864v3 AC.

xbox oneX Wired , Mac wireless2.4, another xbox one wireless 2.4.

i keep having issues connecting first thing . i keep having to reset everything . ive done all types of trubleshooting and still same issues.

biggest issue is , xbox one x, everytime i turn it on it doesnt connect same with wireless on the mac i have to refresh a few times before it works . 

i have set the xbox one x to static ip and it still does not log on first time i have to hard reset every time for it to log on . its like the modem does not want to communicate with my devices. the same happens with the mac on wireless i have to keep turning either wifi off and on or switcing bands to get it to work.

there is like something restrictiong my use/connection via this modem. 

everything works fine when connected just dont know why i have to constantly turn thngs off and on and refresh 2 or 3 times before it allows me to use them. 

ive had many issues along the way and done all the elimination processes .

ive had to put the dhcp range out of the xbox range also to prevent the issue as my xbox kept saying those issues.

i even factory reset everything to run on auto again which worked once then did the same thing again all day untill i used a static ip again.

thnaks . 

taz

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hello again @Dan_C@SillyGogo,

I light of the recent major BotNet attack to routers worldwide: https://ia.acs.org.au/article/2018/reboot-your-router-now.html?ref=newsletter

I just want to ensure Optus is still  _always_  pushing the latest firmware updates to my F@st 3864 router/modem after a power cycle.

@SillyGogosaid Optus  _sometimes_ pushes it.  Does that mean Optus customers sometimes have to install the latest firmware manually ourselves?  That is, sometimes the fireware updates do  _not_ automatically get pushed after a power cycle?

Please confirm @Dan_C.

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Albert

Top Contributors