Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Contributor DarrenH
Contributor

Sagemcom 5366TN

Question:

I received the router today (finally) installed it and it immediately connected.

I set up the wifi (changing SSID & PW) to something more identifiable for family.

When I turn on wifi on iphone I see my wifi name:  connects without an issue.

The question I have is I have both the 2.4 & 5GHz frequencies enabled (by default)

I can only see one WIFI name on my devices.

Normally with other modems I can see both WIFI names ie sit shows both 2.4 & 5 ghz wifi's and you choose the one you want.

As it stands now both are enabled but I only see the name of my WIFI SSID only.  Connects OK.

If I rename the 5GHZ one to say myssid_5GHZ I can now see 2 x of my SSID's as opposed to one.

CAn someone explain why this happens?  Should i leave them the same name of change?

Or is the eouter authmactially picking the correct freqewuncey for me as I roam around the house ?

tia

Darren.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Crowd Champion SillyGogo
Crowd Champion

Re: Sagemcom 5366TN

the 5366 does not have band steering, so you should see both 2.4 and 5ghz networks. Sometimes the 5Ghz takes little longer to come up on the wifi network. I would hard reset the modem and see that the 5ghz is avaliable. If it is all works then change the SSID and Passphase to suit your needs. 

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy