Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
New Contributor JohnKoukouras
New Contributor

Sagemcom 5366TN Modem

I logged into modem yesterday using Username: Optus Password: as written on box. After I logged in I changed the Password and exited.  Tried to Login today and it wont accept. I've tried factory reset, still cannot login with the original or my saved password.  Does Factory reset change the original Username and Password to something different to what's written on the box?  Seems a lot of people are having the same problem and no helpful answers are forthcoming.  The part of the process I was fearing was the NBN part which was seamless and straight forward. The Optus part was also ok  but now seems problematic.  I still haven't received an e-mail address, I've been given a Username and after many transfers to various people ended up with the Activation Team and got a password but cannot set it up.  The e-mail does not exist I've tried sending to it and it does not get delivered. My Case manager bombarded me wit texts reminding me numerous time about my NBN appointment Now that I need her she is nowhere to be found. I'm starting to think I've made a BIG mistake about OPTUS!!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Sagemcom 5366TN Modem

A factory reset should reset the username and password to the default as listed on the label underneath the modem. That should appear right under IP address.

By default the username is set to: Optus & the password is set your WiFi password

The email confirmation that listed your Optus email and password should look like the below:

order confirmation username and password.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor JohnKoukouras
New Contributor

That is what I logically expected after a Factory Reset - Original setting BUT no I got nothing.  After Trawling through many other answers I came across the answer.  After my Factory Reset - Username: optus (lowercase) Password: the one to which I had changed.  

Thanks for your efforts but it seems OPTUS want us to Pay for Support rather than do it ourselves. I would hate to think what somewhat less IT and Tech savvy people do? Pay of course, that's when they get the right answers.  I know you guys are NOT actually OPTUS but a voluntary group BUT please provide them with some feedback.  My NBN OPTUS plan is up and running thanks to a pain-free NBN Tech experience BUT in spite of all the Texts and e-mails from OPTUS telling me the obvious,My E-mail has not materialised as yet since Thursday 12/12/19 the date of my connection completion.  My Case Manager has gone AWOL and no response.  Can You Help? Probably not. Thanks anyway.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Right, so you've actually changed your WiFi Network name password before? 

Has the factory reset reverted your WiFi password back to it's default and you're able to connect to WiFi using the default password, or you unable to connect to WiFi or the modem GUI? 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos