cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Sagemcom 5366 router URL Filtering not available anymore

Try going to the url
http://192.168.0.1/2.0/gui/#/access-control/parental-control/filtering

You may need to change the ip ( 192.168.0.1 ) to what your routers ip address is
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

F.Y.I.

The removal of parental control is being treated as a bug by Optus and the bug has been reported to Sagemcom.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

URL filtering is the best feature the modem has, its the only reason why I don't go and buy another modem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@shammy wrote:

URL filtering is the best feature the modem has, its the only reason why I don't go and buy another modem.

How well does/did the URL work? Given that most site are HTTPS these days I wouldn't expect a router-only based URL filter to work on a full URL, but just on domain name portion of the URL.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hey guys, 

I just wanted to share an update with you all. 

Our Network team have confirmed that a firmware update has been pushed out to address the defect. If you haven't received the update, we'll need you to power cycle (reboot) your modem. 

If any issues come up, report back here and we'll pass along your feedback. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@Dan_C wrote:

If you haven't received the update, we'll need you to power cycle (reboot) your modem. 

I'm not getting any update (still on v1009). I've power cycled, left it off for a few minutes and turning it on, even tried rebooting via pressing "restart" in the maintenance menu which has previously always worked for me, but nothing works.

As I've stated in the past Dan, there needs to be an explicit "update now" type button so that we can trigger an update and know that it will work.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

So what's happening @Dan_C ? Its been over a week and still not able to get the new firmware.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@Ray_YC 

Whats happening with the firmware update? I understand that is currently only being sent to testers and is not for general release as stated by Dan, so when can we expect the general release?

Is the new firmware just for the TN version or the LTE version as well?

Will we be getting a change log this time? If not why not?

Is there any difference in the firmware features/functionality between of TN and the LTE, other than the obvious 4G backup difference?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hey @YetAnotherAcc , here's where we're at.

We were incorrectly advised that the firmware upgrade intended to resolve the issue had launched.

After seeing complaints from customers stating that they still hadn't received the new firmware update, we raised the issue with our Network Engineering team.

We've since been told that the update is still being tested and isn't ready for deployment.

Once the firmware update is due to launch, I'll merge all the relevant threads and make an an official announcement. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Thanks @Dan_C .

So what kind of time frame are we looking at, a couple of weeks, or a month or more?

Also, can I please get my other questions answered as well.

0 Kudos