Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Altair
New Contributor
New Contributor

Sagemcom 3864v2 and Network Printer

At my wits end - thought I'd ask and see if anyone has come across this before.

I have a new Canon MF249dw network printer but none of the computers can detect the printer on the network.

Current configuration

• Modem router is the Sagemcom F@ST3864V2 (on ADSL2+). 
  • DHCP is on and Static IP Lease granted to Printer MAC address (confirmed in the printer's settings that this went through).
  • Printer shows solid connection to the router and the details match the Static IP Lease I had setup in the router. IP 192.168.0.50, Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0 and Gateway Address 192.168.0.1.
  • Router settings shows the printer's MAC under the Wireless -- Authenticated Stations page.
  • Firewalls / security software turned off.

The Problem

• None of the computers/laptops in the current home network can detect the printer (via windows 10 or via cmd arp -a)
  • Under the router settings/Device Info /ARP and DHCP these 2 pages do not show the printer but do show the other devices connected to the network.

Any assistance with getting the printer connected properly to my home network would be greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jeneral__Pain
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Sagemcom 3864v2 and Network Printer

Can you browse to the web page 192.168.0.50 from your computer? to access the control pages of the printer.

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.
0 Kudos
Altair
New Contributor
New Contributor

No, the connection times out unfortunately.

192.168.0.50 took too long to respond.

ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

0 Kudos
Jeneral__Pain
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

That says your printer isn’t completely or correctly connected.

did you specify the right settings in the printer?

Is the printer set for DHCP or Static inside printer settings?

if you have given it that IP in the router, make sure by printing the network report from your printer that is infect its IP.

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.
0 Kudos
Top Contributors