cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor DavidKT
New Contributor

Sagem V3 modem WiFi no internet, 2 PC's on WiFi are OK but can't get other devices Androids working

Androids are connected but no Internet. Have restarted modem and restarted the Android phones, also set the Androids to forget the modem and then setup again, can connect to Wifi OK but persistent no Internet on 4 or 5 Androids. 2 x PC's are working fine on WiFi. also have wired connection to the modem OK.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Re: Sagem V3 modem WiFi no internet, 2 PC's on WiFi are OK but can't get other devices Androids work

Hi - a few questions - is this a new modem or an existing one and sudenly this has occurred? What version is it  - V3 AC or V3 HP? Are the PCs linked to the 2.4Ghz SSID or the 5 Ghz SSID - what are the Androids linked to? If you Clear Data Cache and History on one of the Androids, does it connect to the Internet? When you look at the Android Wi-Fi Settings, in the IP address secton, does it show the Modem's Optus DNS Server Primary and Secondary IP Addresses? Do you get an error screen when you attempt to connect to the Internet or just no response? 

0 Kudos
New Contributor DavidKT
New Contributor

Re: Sagem V3 modem WiFi no internet, 2 PC's on WiFi are OK but can't get other devices Androids work

You're correct it's DNS problem. It is a V3OP, It's been working about 9 months then a problem in the last few days. If I set the DNS on the Androids to 8.8.8.8 voila it works. To answer other question I only have 2.4 Ghz available (there's no 5Ghz option to select). The reason the PC's worked is I had DNS manually set to 8.8.8.8 

The Optus modem shows Primary DNS as 198.142.152.164 and Secondary 192.142.152.165 - I guess they're not working. In the diagnostics it pings the Primary DNS server OK (Pass result).

I don't seem to have ability to change DNS server settings in the modem, I assume Optus have the controlling hand with that. 

Thanks for you're prompt reply, certainly pointed me in the right direction.

0 Kudos