Searching...
Highlighted

Sagecom NBN router wont connect by LAN to Synology NAS

dulciepercy

Hello. We changed from Optus cable to NBN last week.  Not painless at all but at last it seems to be working and stable hooray. 

I have a Synology DS216SE NAS that won't connect.  Normally you just plug the lan cable into the router and it is seen straight away on the network.  But teh router wont see it.  The router diagnostic page says "fail"on teh LAN port where the router is plugged in.

I have done all sorts of resets including complete reinstall of the router operating system.  Changed cables, changed ports, did it upstairs, downstairs, with and without the dog in my lap, but nothing.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Re: Sagecom NBN router wont connect by LAN to Synology NAS

Jeneral__Pain

Quote: But teh router wont see it.  The router diagnostic page says "fail"on teh LAN port where the router is plugged in.

What do you mean by this? Do you mean on the S@GEM when you plug in the Synology, it won't light up? or that inside the S@GEM config webpages it says "LAN FAIL?" (can you post a screen shot of what you are seeing?).

What happens if you plug something else into the same LAN port?

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.

Re: Sagecom NBN router wont connect by LAN to Synology NAS

dulciepercy

Thanks for the reponse.  The screenshot of the diagnostic is below.  The TV is plugged into eth1 and works fine.

The Synology NAS will not get the "pass" in any ethernet port (yes I tried eth1).  And the TV works in any of the other ports.

I can connect to the NAS over ethernet from the computer, so the NAS ethernet works.  It's just when the NAS is plugged into teh Sagecom that there is not spark between them.

Lan diagnotics

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
97 Kudos
89 Kudos
45 Kudos
35 Kudos
33 Kudos