cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Sagecom Gateway F@st 5366TN modem needs to be reset to gain access to internet each day

I turn my computer off at night, each morning I turn it on I have no internet until I turn off the modem for 30 seconds and turn it back on. I don't have a router the modem is directly into phone line.  Optus replaced the router and claim the line is okay.  The problem persists seems it is a universal problem with various ISPS.  I have replaced all the drivers etc nothing works. Obviously the modem will not last when being turned off and back on each day to reset it.   Interestingly the phone line works, without resetting but not the internet. Can you help please

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Sagecom Gateway F@st 5366TN modem needs to be reset to gain access to internet each day

So is it just the computer that does not have internet access when switched on, or is it all devices connected to the 5366, like phones, tablets, etc?

0 Kudos

Re: Sagecom Gateway F@st 5366TN modem needs to be reset to gain access to internet each day

Hi @oldtimer1948, apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused. 

Generally, its a good idea to reset the modem but certainly not everyday or even every week.  Can you please confirm if you restart or reset the modem? To reset you have to → Turn the back of your modem towards you. Tap and hold the Factory reset button for about 7 seconds using a sharp-pointed object (such as a paper clip). Wait while your modem restores the factory default settings. 

Is the issue with WiFi only or Ethernet as well?  For WiFi issues you can try changing your Wifi channel as mentioned here → Click here .

If the issue still continues then you are best to speak with our Technical Support team via the messaging service to assist you further.