Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
MrLapin
New Contributor
New Contributor

Sagecom F@ST3864V3AC firmware

Hi, 

I'm running software version 10.33 on this unit and due to device freezes and Internet drop outs, I am having to restart the box (power cycle) almost every day now.

With a working from home scenario and my 3 kids studying from home, this is a real inconvenience.

Where do I find a new updated firmware for this box, or do I simply need a newer unit.

Please advise.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Mkrtich
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Sagecom F@ST3864V3AC firmware

Hi - firmware updates are pushed out by Optus automatically and they can be a hit or miss event. On two test units, I haven't got past V 10.33 on a F@ST3864V3AC but I have got an update to V 10.96 on its successor, the F@ST3864V3HP; the HP model has been superseded by the F@ST5366TN and the F@ST5366 Ultra (4G Back Up Enabled).

If you haven't done so to date, suggest a hard Factory Reset - insert a paperclip into the Restart hole for 10 seconds with power on the modem. This should flush out any corrupted software - any custom settings would need to be re-entered. 

If problems persist, call Optus to report the fault - they may diagnose remotely and replace your modem if they think it is appropriate. No harm in asking. 

YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Don't know about the 3864, but on the 5366 you can force a firmware update to the latest version by rebooting the router through the maintenance menu. I have no idea what the latest version for the F@ST3864V3AC  might be though.

MrLapin
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks for that...

I did end up calling Optus. With the COVID situation, I honestly thought I'd never get through... Anyway they patiently heard me out and advised that my 3864 model simply is not equipped for the 15 cabled devices as well as the dozen or so wireless devices I am trying to hook up to it. Sending me a 5366TN model. 10 day wait though with everyone else having problems.

For the time being I switched off the Wi-Fi on the old 3864 and am running a Nighthawk DC7800 in bridget mode to pick up the Wi-Fi load. See how that goes.

0 Kudos
RaeDrury
New Contributor
New Contributor

I might be wrong but I was sent a new power adapter that Optus said should replace the previous one, which was new. I had no more issues with the modem.
0 Kudos
Mkrtich
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Good resolution in regards to the replacement modem - it will make a difference. Given your number of devices, you may wish to continue to use the D7800 to share the load - matter of monitoring the situation in regards to traffic loads. All the best. 

0 Kudos
Mkrtich
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi - yes, also a possibility. For 5 years I could not get my external USB 2.0 Maxtor HDD to load properly on my PC - maybe 1 in 5 attempts were successful. Last year I thought I should try to fix this once and for all - found a suggestion on the web which worked for another owner - I replaced the power adaptor with a spare Netgear Modem power supply - it hasn't failed to work properly ever since. 

The original one showed a green light but it must have been at marginal operating point. Thanks for sharing your experience - it may help others one day. 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors