Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Sagecom F@ST 3864 Modem Setup - Username & Password

Hi Everyone!

I have recently received my new Optus Sagecom F@ST 3864 Modem and have connected it as per the online instructions. I have also had confirmation that a technician has connected the network etc. When I connect to IP page (192.168.0.1) I receive the below message saying "You are connected to the internet".

192.168.0.1.png

When I open a new browser and try to visit a website I either get a "not connected to the internet message" from Safari or i am redirect to the ServiceNet page (service.optuszoo.com.au). The page has my new username pre-populated in the correct field however the default Optus service password that was emailed to me does not work. It says "incorrect username or password".

ServiceNet.png

(Note the above says john_citizen but mine says brennanmichael@optus...)

I have also tried to change my password at 192.168.0.01 page and that doens't work when I type it in either:

change password.png

Someone please help!

Thanks,

Michael

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

Re: Sagecom F@ST 3864 Modem Setup - Username & Password

@MichaelBrennan welcome,

what type of connection do you have? NBN? I know when I first got my modem it said "you are connected" but couldn't connect to any website, it is because my service wasn't fully activated or commissioned. 

check with optus technical support to see if you are fully connected and troubleshoot. Live chat is faster if you have access to another internet source or calling works too. 

http://www.optus.com.au/shop/notices/service-chat

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks @SillyGogo!

After 4 hours of online chat i was advised that the connection wasn't setup properly and have an appointment for the fix so all good now.

Thanks for you help!

Cheers, 

Michael 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey @MichaelBrennan - apologies it took so long for a mod to step in. We've been under the pump! 

Also, I'd like to apologise that it took 4 hours of chatting online for some sort of a resolution. If you'd like us to confirm your tech appointment, send us a PM confirming your account number, full name and DOB. I'd be happy to take a further look. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos