cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor Monyetmerah
Occasional Contributor

Re: STB Return Delay Fee

Thank you for the reply, I have contacted a consultant and have been sent a satchel to return the STB, I will arrange the return asap.

0 Kudos
Moderator Casey_

Thanks for confirming @Monyetmerah. Please let us know if we can help with anything else. 

0 Kudos
New Contributor AOB1977
New Contributor

Hi,

I've been hit with a $200 Set Top Box Return Delay Fee on my latest bill.

I had my STB replaced a in June and had not gotten around to organising a pick up for the old box.

The STB is ready to go - in the satchel etc - but I had no idea there was any penalty.

I am a bit annoyed as no warning and I have been an Optus customer for years.

Any help please? I don't think I should have to pay a fine.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I have finally receive the credit back in my account, this is after chatting with them in early Apr17, then getting confirmation on mid May17 that they have received the STB and will credit the account, and again chatting with them mid Jun17 after the credit was not applied. 

You just have to be persistent, I also used the Support Chat system and not the phone as this is the only way I can get instant reply and still keep a copy of the transcript.

Good luck

0 Kudos
New Contributor AOB1977
New Contributor

Thanks for the help. I have been onto the Live Chat and organised pick up for this afternoon.

If Optus had sent a reminder or even warned of a Penalty I would have been fine with this.

But now I have been advised to pay the $200 as well as my regular bill because if I don't a futher late fee will apply.

Hopefully this works out because I don't want to pay Optus $200 and then wait 2 months for a refund as you have done.

If a moderator could please advise me of any other action I should take please let me know. 

0 Kudos
New Contributor mattjh
New Contributor

I am yet another customer who has been charged this so-called late fee. On cancelling Fetch in May, Optus said they would send a satchel - it never arrived. I then proactively chased them up for the satchel 2 weeks ago. It still hasn't arrived but now I get a bill for $200. I rang them and they said they had sent it to my old address - the one that Optus moved me from themselves in March. Optus have my new address.

The helpdesk said I should pay the bill and it would be refunded which is ridiculous. They also refused to amend the bill when asked. They then said I could ignore the bill and it would be fine. I asked for this in writing as I don't want to be hit with a bill for late payment if I don't pay the bill on time. They also refused to put this in writing. Odd that they are unable to amend bills that that they have made mistakes on. Incredibly disappointing services and customer service all round from Optus since I signed up them in 2016.

0 Kudos
New Contributor AndiH
New Contributor

I got hit with the fee too. Couldn’t be home at the time for the courier to pick it up. Returned the box and called Optus and ask for the fee to be removed in Sept as I didn’t think it fair and didn’t pay the fee (but paid my bills on time as always). Called again when it was still on my bill the next month. The phone consultant didn’t believe I had returned the STB even though I had Toll receipt. He said he would call me next day but I never got a call. Anyway today my service was cut off. I call to discuss and they say I need to talk to billing - 30 min wait to be transferred then guy says he is NBN billing not cable and transfers me to cable billing. They don’t pick up after 30 mins. So I paid the fee and not sure it will be refunded. Has anyone received refund on this fee after returning the box? Communicating with Optus is very time consuming and frustrating. 

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

I used the chat live function, and then save the conversation afterwards, this way I have written proof (sort of). Good luck, it took me 3 billing cycles to get my refund.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator AlexRH
RetiredModerator

Hey @AndiH, yikes 😞 Very sorry to hear that it's been a run around to have this resolved.

We're here to help, if you still need us! Please PM me with your account number, full name and DOB so we can check it out. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Sukanta
New Contributor

Hi,

I was an Optus customer and recently I moved to my new address where Optus does not have better service hence I needed to cancel my Broadband service ( Still my mobile is with Optus). At the time of cancellation I have been told that Optus will send me a Satchel so that  I can send the Optus Fetch TV box. It has been 2 months and I have not received any Satchel and today seeing my bill that I have been charged for STB delay fee. Not sure why I have been charged for. Could anyone please assist me on this.

Much appreciated

Thanks 

Sukanta

Tags (1)
0 Kudos